“People think a soul mate is your perfect fit, and that’s what everyone wants. But a true soul mate is a mirror, the person who shows you everything that is holding you back, the person who brings you to your own attention so you can change your life. A true soul mate is probably the most important person you’ll ever meet, because they tear down your walls and smack you awake. But to live with a soul mate forever? Nah. Too painful. Soul mates, they come into your life just to reveal another layer of yourself to you, and then leave. A soul mates purpose is to shake you up, tear apart your ego a little bit, show you your obstacles and addictions, break your heart open so new light can get in, make you so desperate and out of control that you have to transform your life, then introduce you to your spiritual master…” ―Elizabeth Gilbert
I believe that every human -by the emotional sense of the word- should find a world issue to follow and to act as contributor to solve it. I have chosen world poverty and education, these are the matters that I identify myself with, and that I believe that I have the energy and compassion to make a difference in.
Compassion should not be misinterpreted as pity. Compassion in these terms evokes empathy and attention for those in need, and above all is a demonstration of love for others through uncanny altruism.
This playlist from TED reminds me to keep my purpose alive and motives me to act. Follow the link to watch> The quest to end poverty
To act is to take part in any way, at any level – making donations, volunteering, acting as an ambassador, or creating your own movement. Whatever we bring to the table will be pro for the greater good. There is no contribution too small to make a difference.
so, guess what…
2 weeks ago I moved the singapore. BOOYAH! and time has gone very fast. Work has started, I went to Thailand, found a new apartment, and I have gotten lost in the smallest cosmopolitan city of the world countless times (yes, that happened); but above all I am enjoying my time here. I don’t know there is something about this feeling of being a tourist in the city that I live that fascinates me.
Bea and I decided to leave cold (and in my own opinion, boring) Sweden, and relocate our home to warmer climates, and the capital of South East Asia won the bid.
cultures have always been one of my biggest interests, and I figured some years ago that travelling wasn’t enough, I need to fully immerse and that requires living IN different cultures. That’s what got me started with my globetrotting impulse.
particularly Asia has always been very compelling to me. might be the food, the distance to my home land, or the exotic look of people in this region; but my goal had always been to reach this place and today I’m finally here.
I feel accomplished.
for now I leave you with wikipedia on the city-state Singapore.
The talk serves well to honor the book. I recomend all to read it: Start with why – Simon Sinek
I READ: becuase one life is not enough, and in the pages of a book a can be anybody.
I READ: because the words that build the story become mine, to build my life.
I READ: not for happy endings but for new beginnings; I’m just beginning myself and I wouldn’t mide a map.
I READ: because I have friends who don’t and young though they are, there are beginning to run out of materials.
I READ: because every journey starts at the library and it’s time for me to start packing.
I READ: because one if these days I’m going to get out of this town and I’m going to go everywhere and meet everyone, and I want to be ready.
73% of CEOs Think Marketers Lack Business Credibility: They Can’t Prove They Generate Business Growth
They are not effectiveness-focused enough,
leading to CEO-Marketer disconnect
- Desarrollen una clara estrategia de nombres para sus líneas de productos. Algo tan simple como lineamientos y guías; definir si los nombres de la línea van ser similares para darle unidad, o no; o si quieren algo catchy o formal, son pocas cosas que les van a dar mucha claridad. Apple, BMW y Levi’s son excelentes ejemplos de una buena ejecución de una estrategia de nombres.
- Antes de sentarse a pensar en nombres saquen un rato para darle una personalidad al producto. Definan su género, gustos, hobbies, edad, profesión, es trendy, geek o techy, etnia, nivel socioeconómico, etc. Una amplia serie de atributos que permiten humanizar al producto, al entender el objeto con que se está tratando es más fácil encontrar nombres que calcen.
- No se enfoquen en aspectos técnicos, más bien resalten los elementos emocionales del producto para crear conexión y afinidad con el consumidor.
- Asegúrense de que las palabras seleccionadas no tengan una connotación negativa en otros idiomas.
- Tengan a mano una lista de los principales productos de la competencia para escoger un nombre diferenciado.